Monday, April 02, 2007

Prepping, packing, even a little shooting...


Show prep goes well have 3 more to get the wires on so I can hang at 3:30. As I mentioned a couple of days ago I am hanging today for a 3 month run at the Monrovia Coffee Company. The information:

April 2 - June 1, 2007
Monrovia Coffee Company, 425 S Myrtle Ave, Monrovia
Weekdays 6AM-10PM, Weekends 7AM-11PM

It was such a nice morning I had to go out in the garden for a break, camera in hand of course. The Bearded Iris I shot is from a rhizome brought to this country by my mothers, friend's grandmother from the Ukraine at the turn of the last century. This hardy old stock Iris puts the hybrids to shame. This Iris has cuttings and offspring from all over the United States from where it was first planted in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (yes...I'm a yupper by birth). Here in So Cal it naturalizes so fast it has to be seperated and replanted every 2-3 years. If you want cuttings...ask me in the fall!


Anyway Enjoy a couple shots of "Peach Blossom" and "Bearded Iris".

No comments: