Sunday, March 23, 2008

I have Iris!

Just in time for Easter one of the Iris stalks opened up. These are a favorite of mine that naturalize nicely in a So Cal garden. Very fuss free and only need to be divide every 3-4 years to keep them really producing well. The blossoms on this old variety are huge and the buds even have a metallic sheen to them before they unfold their deep blue petals allowing the fuzzy yellow stamen to be seen peeking out at the center.

More pics of the flowers in my garden will be found on my Flickr Floral Set. Most everything in there is from my garden. You get to see the pics, I get to smell them and relish the sweet scents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on!

P.S.

http://www.proctorformayor.com/2008/03/25/proctorformayorcom-exclusive-interview-with-bernard-melekian/

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. They are beautiful..can only imagine how they must smell!