Saturday, August 13, 2016

Make Your Own Kind of Music, be the best you possible



I stumbled across this song by accident and it struck a cord.  I was a wee lad when it was released summer of 1969,  I had my transistor radio glued to my ear via head phone and rode my bike all over just to get out and ride.  Funny how a song can transport you back to a point in time and suddenly you remember a turning point.

Summer of 1969 was a tumultuous for this country.  I have vague memories of that summer from the news...Walter Cronkite was a staple every night.  Protests.  Riots.  Anti-war Marches.  Summer of Love culminating in Woodstock.  I was way to young to partake, but it made an impression on me.

This song in particular made me decide enough of being forced into a mold.  I hated math and didn't want to be an engineer.  I loved art and and the arts.  I loved my cameras.  I decided that summer I'd pursue my dreams and be a photographer.  Much to my fathers consternation and my mothers support I did just that.  Thanks Mom and Mama Cass for the encouragement to be the best possible me.
"Footsteps and Shadows" Versailles, France April, 2007

No comments: