Sunday, August 02, 2009

I curated my first show...


Titled "The Body Electric" and runs through September 5 at the Route 66 Gallery here in Monrovia's Historic Aztec Hotel.

Curated by me. What a concept, but curating a show isn't that much different than merchandising. Similar styles grouped by artist gives each a lot of impact and a cohesive show. Judging by the comments I succeeded.

The Body Electric celebrates the form and movement of the human form. The art I had to chose from was really excellent so editing wasn't so much a function of weeding out the less proficient from the proficient which helped. The themes run from the realistic to the impressionistic. A little abstract. Some fully clothed, others nude (tastefully done not pron folks). I was happy with the final result.

I look forward to curating again someday. Until then I'll be content with merchandising the Paint n Play 2 Art Studio and Gallery.

Details: Route 66 Gallery, 301 W Foothill Blvd, Monrovia CA 91016 626-239-3153 (Call for daily hours of operation).

No comments: