Sunday, March 27, 2011

A day of play...camera in hand.


Saturday 3/26 was another adventure added to my bucket. This time around it was pit passes to the NASCAR Sprint Series "Royal Purple 300" held here in So Cal. Those pit passes were courtesy of my friend Dave, whom I co-own the "SoCalAutoBlog" with, father-in-law who manages the Pastrana/Waltrip Racing.

It certainly is an interesting experience that will eventually get chronicled elsewhere. For here its just about the images I captured of the event. Of all that I shot the choicest ones are in a set over on flickr. Link HERE.

Probably the most difficult thing about shooting on an active raceway is keeping your own safety in mind. Never turn your back on the cars is a good rule of thumb as the noise levels are muffled with the pretty much mandatory ear plugs.muffs one must wear. That is particularly difficult in the garage area where cars can come from anywhere.

The image here is one of my favs. The bright red and repeating shapes of the gas cans caught my eye.

No comments: