Look...ornaments everywhere and it ain't Christmas! Yesterday I met an old friend and we went off to lunch in the Silver Lake area, Tropical Cafe was the name of the place. Cuban deli and highly recommend their classic Cuban Sandwich. Very good. Very Cheap...and no lines like you find at Porto's in Glendale.
I got invited to blog on the blogging.la site a couple of weeks ago. Invited because I was commenting on stuff and in short terrorizing a few judging by the reactions. But I did it to be the devil's advocate and make people think a bit. The cool thing is that I have met some cool new people in the deal. People cross our paths for a reason and its always good to let them in and see what develops.
One of the bloggers has tagged me in a meme game. Its sorta like the chain letter emails 'cept you just post on your own and wait for them to tag you back. The rules...
So -- the tagging/meme -- Here are the rules:
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Since I got tagged by Julia...she can now see I responded. I don't have 8 fellow bloggers in my chain yet so I guess there's a few lucky souls out there.
1. I have lived in LA longer than anywhere else my entire life...22 years and counting.
2. I believe art should match your soul not your sofa.
3. My first drunk was with my best friends and the Parish priest on our 8th grade retreat.
4. Psychopharmacology has its purpose...just in small doses over short periods of time. Gimme a reset button in the form of a Benzodiazepine and all is well with the world in short order.
5. I love the Dr. Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell.
6. I own most of what Hunter S Thompson has written...I reread "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" often to remember to question the writers baggage and politics in general. (Maybe this is where I got the wild hair to support the whole states rights, Sage Brush Rebellion in the 80's)
7. I have no problem stirring the pot and watching it boil. Thats why blogs were a godsend for my id and ego.
8. I have no credit cards...I can't be trusted with the damn things.
So there you go my random 8. Now which of the group will shock you is the bigger question.
To the following...you've been tagged
Julia at http://juliasbookshelf.blogspot.com/ who tagged me first
Rutz at http://ruth666.blogspot.com/
Will at http://www.wildbell.com/
Coop at http://positiveapeindex.blogspot.com/
So there you go...follow them, follow me but get a laugh or pause to think of your own random stuff. Now if there was just a way to include my flickr buds in this....
Talk to you all again soon, 'puter is back after a quick detour back to the shop for a new sound card so its time to get busy again...
Corned Beef Hash - Deal of the Day
6 days ago