Thursday, March 11, 2010

First Rose of Spring


It is of the English Rose by David Austin named "Wenlock" . It is blooming a few weeks too early but I'll take it along with the other signs that spring and warmer weather is near.

As I love the soft romantic look of the orton style I opted to use that as part of my post processing from the RAW file. In simplest terms I create a duplicate layer as a new background, adjust saturation, increase exposure and blur the layer. Then I use the blending tool, on multiply most of the time, to create the final image. It is then flattened and run through Virtual Photographer to manipulate it further so it takes on the look of the old chromes (and isn't it a shame Kodachrome is going the way of the dinosaur) printed on Cibrachrome print material.

Enjoy my first shot at spring, hope it adds to your day a little bit with the promise of good things to come.

No comments: