Friday, September 07, 2007

See me in a few locations this weekend:

My run at the California Wine and Cheese has been extended for another couple of weeks as the artist who was scheduled to install after me has run into difficulties. Good for me as I get to have my stuff hanging and being viewed instead of packed up and warehoused until the next big show I do in October.

Added bonus and a complete surprise is that I have been sponsored sight-unseen by a merchant in nearby Claremont to show at tonight's Art Walk. My sponsor information:
Tattle Tales, 309 Yale Avenue, Claremont, CA 91711, 909/621-4192.

Tattle Tales is a kids clothing store but my stuff is pretty inoffensive. It's a nice start as I have heard good things about the Claremont Art Walk. Their Art Walk is different in that you don't have to be a member of an artists association, jurying is pretty liberal and there is no fee for the artist. Yes, no fee. Turns out their Art Walk is driven by the merchants association and they see it as a way to attract traffic into their downtown. This should be interesting. I may toss something up on Blogging.la after I tonight if it turns out to be something that could interest the whole Metro area.

No comments: