Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I got strung up today...in that good happy kinda way!
I finally got installed at the California Wine and Cheese today. A bit later than planned but that was outside the control of myself and the owner Tom Dugan. It was due to our waiting for the museum style "arakawa" hanging system to arrive. Its there and set up which makes installations so very easy.
All that said...I wound up bringing along a piece that Tom liked and noted on his site the following: "We do not know which works he has chosen, but my favorite on his blog site is "Seine Dusk." Just incredible colors. " Well Tom if you read this am glad to have accommodated, even if by accident for you as it is a piece I like too. I thank you as well for giving me a chance to showcase my work in your establishment!
Most of the pieces have been here and maybe even shown as a work in progress on my flickr page. I can't say that I have any new pieces to debut as those were done the end of July at the Art Walk. What I am bringing is a range of work illustrating from traditional photographs, into HDR and into my more impressionistic watercolor photographs.
The catalog:
"Rose Blossom" - photograph
"Game Over, Bodie Hotel" - photograph
"Henhouse Eggs" - photograph/digital art
"Bodie Blue Window" - photograph/digital art
"Chapel of St John the Evangelist" - HDR Photograph
"Desert Sunrise" - watercolor photograph
"Pietra Blanca Lighthouse" - watercolor photograph
"Siene Dusk" - HDR watercolor photograph
"Not James Dean" - HDR photograph
"Old Faithful" - HDR Photograph
Now for the fun stuff, the reception is set for Friday August 24, 2007. As soon as I have the details I'll let you know more but we are looking at something like a 5-9PM to catch all the after work crowd. I also understand one of the local wineries based in Sierra Madre may have a representative there that night so this could make for a lot more fun.
If you want a personal notecard with the details leave me a not with your email addy or snail mail!

1 comment:

Will Campbell said...

Congratulations! I'd like to try and make it out there for the reception... possibly by bike or more likely with my wife by car. Keep me posted at wildbell@gmail.com.